Sunday, March 15, 2009
IT Show?
@ 8:30 PM
I. Got. Pwned.
Completely pwned.
This is probably the first long and constructive post of the year.
Reached City Hall MRT station at around 1.40pm, from the escalator up to the 2nd floor onwards I got pwned. The escalator part, I shall skip, since I guess it's common for all these annual stuff.
Had to walk like a crab to navigate around. Paying in cash entails you to a shorter queue. Paying in exact amounts entitle you to a free HDD pouch.
HDD
So Toshiba have this awesome discount. 250GB HDD in red, from $125 to $109 to $83.
Me being a blue fanatic, of course got the blue one. 400GB, from $169 to $149 to $139. Not as awesome a discount jump as the red one, but still.
Got to wrong queue, good I realised early. Supposed to get a piece of paper, good I realised early too.
"You are paying by...?"
"Cash."
"Oh there is a much shorter queue for paying by cash. Just turn left and you will see it."
O_O
The queue for paying by card is like...60+ at least. The queue for paying by cash? I was the 5th person.
-to the person in front of me- "Oh, you got the second last pouch! The pouch is not for those who buy the 400GB..."
"Huh?!" -- me upon hearing it
"Ok joking lar. Actually the policy just changed." I =.=-ed.
"So this is your hard drive, the free pouch, and a free 2GB USB."
"...Huh what? 2GB USB?"
"Yes, for free."
O_O again.
-count count count- "Woah it's exactly $139! No need to give change!" -- salesperson
"OMG Thank you so much!" to me. "Give pouch give pouch, this type, must give pouch" -- cashier beside the "policy just changed" salesperson
Sennheiser
Wanted to spend on headphones, remembered my dad asked me not to spend on what I have already. So after a long while of testing and loitering around and deciding like crap and squeezing one round, I got Sennheiser Sport 80 II earphones for $59.90.
With a pair of FREE MX400 earphones!
:D
"So you came back, and you get more instead!" -- salesperson following me around
I was smiling like hell. Seriously, damn happy.
Regarding Sennheiser earphones, I really want to declare the opening of Sennheiser earphones packaging an official art. Seriously, without experience, it is hell.
But the reward is awesome XD
Laptop Bag
This part is much less epic. In fact, it's just my last stop after all the damn squeezing. Well, got it because I do need one with a handle. (So that my laptop does not get owned on MRT and buses again)
It's discounted from $40 to $28.
"Hey you want this pair of Philips bluetooth earphones? $2 only."
"O_O...never mind, thanks. I don't have bluetooth device."
"Oh don't need bluetooth device lar. They have the receiver and transmitter already."
"O_O..."
"You give your friend also can what."
"Oh ok lorh..."
Like, WHAT THE HELL? BLUETOOTH EARPHONES. PHILIPS. $2.
Concentrated pwnage.
Every $100 you spend entitles you to a lucky draw coupon. Lol got my 2 coupons. I think the people were staring at me because I was the only "child" shopping all by myself.
In summary, I got a 400GB HDD for $139 + 2GB free USB, Sennheiser Sport II 80 earphones for $59.90 + free MX 400, laptop bag for $28 + Bluetooth Earphones for $2.
Altogether, $219.90.
And I had $100 note + 3 $2 notes left over. =.=
Departure
Once again, let's skip the escalator parts. Except for the fact that the 3rd level (Sony @ Concourse) was very very very spammed.
Walk like siao, people jammed like siao, escalators pwned like siao. Reached Raffles Link.
The escalator goes down to city link. Queued for 5 minutes. After that:
-security guard with loudspeaker- "Everyone please clear off, people are coming up, there is a really big human jam downstairs, people are coming up, please clear off!" -siren-
O_O The person in front of me managed to get down. Pfft.
Wandered around, realised everywhere is jammed. Struggled around and back, found myself at Suntec city again. Saw a crowd of people asking the information counter for Marina Square about something, so I decided to try.
"Is there any other way for me to get to the MRT Station?"
"Oh the MRT Station is closed down already. You have to get out."
"Get out?"
"Yes it's closed down already. You have to get down. Just cross a junction."
"Oh so I cross a junction to get to the MRT Station?"
"No, it's closed down already. You just cross a junction."
...
Wanted to call my dad. Both Starhub public phones eat coins. The first one ate 20 cents + 50 cents, the second one ate someone else's 10 cents I picked up from the coin return box. Pfft.
No choice, queued up for taxi. I was wondering, will I be the first person to pay for taxi fares using $100 note?
Ends up, I waited for the taxi for 40 min, the taxi got me back to Chinatown Point in 5 min. It was nicely $6, which was what I had exactly other than the $100 note. Awesome.
Epilogue
Met with my dad, bought an ice mocha, got pwned due to caffeine intolerance, drank extremely expensive soda, washed car, laughed at person who sprayed water at our windscreen while asking us to proceed forward.
Today. Is. Win.
Sennheiser FTW!
Completely pwned.
This is probably the first long and constructive post of the year.
Reached City Hall MRT station at around 1.40pm, from the escalator up to the 2nd floor onwards I got pwned. The escalator part, I shall skip, since I guess it's common for all these annual stuff.
Had to walk like a crab to navigate around. Paying in cash entails you to a shorter queue. Paying in exact amounts entitle you to a free HDD pouch.
HDD
So Toshiba have this awesome discount. 250GB HDD in red, from $125 to $109 to $83.
Me being a blue fanatic, of course got the blue one. 400GB, from $169 to $149 to $139. Not as awesome a discount jump as the red one, but still.
Got to wrong queue, good I realised early. Supposed to get a piece of paper, good I realised early too.
"You are paying by...?"
"Cash."
"Oh there is a much shorter queue for paying by cash. Just turn left and you will see it."
O_O
The queue for paying by card is like...60+ at least. The queue for paying by cash? I was the 5th person.
-to the person in front of me- "Oh, you got the second last pouch! The pouch is not for those who buy the 400GB..."
"Huh?!" -- me upon hearing it
"Ok joking lar. Actually the policy just changed." I =.=-ed.
"So this is your hard drive, the free pouch, and a free 2GB USB."
"...Huh what? 2GB USB?"
"Yes, for free."
O_O again.
-count count count- "Woah it's exactly $139! No need to give change!" -- salesperson
"OMG Thank you so much!" to me. "Give pouch give pouch, this type, must give pouch" -- cashier beside the "policy just changed" salesperson
Sennheiser
Wanted to spend on headphones, remembered my dad asked me not to spend on what I have already. So after a long while of testing and loitering around and deciding like crap and squeezing one round, I got Sennheiser Sport 80 II earphones for $59.90.
With a pair of FREE MX400 earphones!
:D
"So you came back, and you get more instead!" -- salesperson following me around
I was smiling like hell. Seriously, damn happy.
Regarding Sennheiser earphones, I really want to declare the opening of Sennheiser earphones packaging an official art. Seriously, without experience, it is hell.
But the reward is awesome XD
Laptop Bag
This part is much less epic. In fact, it's just my last stop after all the damn squeezing. Well, got it because I do need one with a handle. (So that my laptop does not get owned on MRT and buses again)
It's discounted from $40 to $28.
"Hey you want this pair of Philips bluetooth earphones? $2 only."
"O_O...never mind, thanks. I don't have bluetooth device."
"Oh don't need bluetooth device lar. They have the receiver and transmitter already."
"O_O..."
"You give your friend also can what."
"Oh ok lorh..."
Like, WHAT THE HELL? BLUETOOTH EARPHONES. PHILIPS. $2.
Concentrated pwnage.
Every $100 you spend entitles you to a lucky draw coupon. Lol got my 2 coupons. I think the people were staring at me because I was the only "child" shopping all by myself.
In summary, I got a 400GB HDD for $139 + 2GB free USB, Sennheiser Sport II 80 earphones for $59.90 + free MX 400, laptop bag for $28 + Bluetooth Earphones for $2.
Altogether, $219.90.
And I had $100 note + 3 $2 notes left over. =.=
Departure
Once again, let's skip the escalator parts. Except for the fact that the 3rd level (Sony @ Concourse) was very very very spammed.
Walk like siao, people jammed like siao, escalators pwned like siao. Reached Raffles Link.
The escalator goes down to city link. Queued for 5 minutes. After that:
-security guard with loudspeaker- "Everyone please clear off, people are coming up, there is a really big human jam downstairs, people are coming up, please clear off!" -siren-
O_O The person in front of me managed to get down. Pfft.
Wandered around, realised everywhere is jammed. Struggled around and back, found myself at Suntec city again. Saw a crowd of people asking the information counter for Marina Square about something, so I decided to try.
"Is there any other way for me to get to the MRT Station?"
"Oh the MRT Station is closed down already. You have to get out."
"Get out?"
"Yes it's closed down already. You have to get down. Just cross a junction."
"Oh so I cross a junction to get to the MRT Station?"
"No, it's closed down already. You just cross a junction."
...
Wanted to call my dad. Both Starhub public phones eat coins. The first one ate 20 cents + 50 cents, the second one ate someone else's 10 cents I picked up from the coin return box. Pfft.
No choice, queued up for taxi. I was wondering, will I be the first person to pay for taxi fares using $100 note?
Ends up, I waited for the taxi for 40 min, the taxi got me back to Chinatown Point in 5 min. It was nicely $6, which was what I had exactly other than the $100 note. Awesome.
Epilogue
Met with my dad, bought an ice mocha, got pwned due to caffeine intolerance, drank extremely expensive soda, washed car, laughed at person who sprayed water at our windscreen while asking us to proceed forward.
Today. Is. Win.
Sennheiser FTW!